cancelled: PreK-2 in-person conference– now let’s reimagine….
lead4ward and TEPSA are committed to serving teachers and leaders in environments that are safe, engaging, and conducive to learning. The coronavirus (COVID-19) has reached a level where we need to assess whether holding a conference is safe for participants and for those with whom they will come in contact with after the conference. At this time, we believe that the most prudent decision is to cancel the PreK-Grade 2 conference on March 31st and to reimagine how we can serve those who were to be in attendance. We had a strong interest in this conference and will consider an in-person event again in the future. Conference fees received will be fully refunded within the next month and no cancellation fees will be applied.
ready, set, launch….
lead4ward and TEPSA are still committed to providing teachers with a meaningful professional learning experience. In keeping that commitment, lead4ward will be providing a free short virtual session for the campuses who were registered for the PreK- Grade 2 conference. The session will be recorded for use with campus teams. We will do our very best to create an experience that is engaging, creative, and collaborative. More information on this will be communicated in the next couple of weeks.
As always, we are here to serve you, to reimagine engaging learning experiences, and to support teachers, leaders, and the kids you serve in new and creative ways.
lead4ward and TEPSA
Preparing our littlest learners for a successful school career depends on how we set the foundation. Process standards are key to this foundation and are all about “how” we learn! The process standards are consistent across grade levels and content areas, highly correlate with overall performance on assessments, and help teachers differentiate for learners. Come explore how to use the process standards to go beyond basic-level thinking and promote student independence while lifting up our littlest learners.
what we'll cover
- Recognize the importance of the process standards in learning
- Discover how to easily plan and incorporate the process standards in daily instruction
- Learn ways to help foster thinking and communication in all content areas
- Understand the role process standards play in PreK-2 classrooms and how they are assessed on STAAR in future grades
- Explore how to step up and step out with ideas to make learning more engaging, more challenging, and more successful for all kids
- Invest time to think, connect, and have fun with our learning