what is accountabilityconnect for ESCs?
We are excited to provide Education Service Centers (ESCs) with access to accountabilityconnect. ESCs may participate fully in all accountabilityconnect activities and resources, and may utilize and support resources with any member district located in the ESC. ESCs are not permitted to disclose or provide access to any accountabilityconnect tools or resources to any district that is not a member of accountabilityconnect.
accountabilityconnect is a year-long district support service that is designed to help school leaders:
- Understand the state accountability system, including BOTH
- the 4-index system for 2017 Accountability, AND
- the A-F letter grade system for 2018 Accountability
- Interpret accountability reports and identify key data measures that can help focus improvement planning
- Fulfill reporting and campus or district improvement requirements
- Access and utilize the process for appealing accountability ratings (if applicable)
- Connect required accountability intervention processes with effective campus and district planning activities and systems
- Understand the impact of new legislation passed by the 2017 Texas Legislature affecting assessment, accountability or instruction
let us help!
Participating ESCs receive:
- Monthly webinars (with additional webinars added on an as-needed basis)
- Telephone, email or GoToMeeting on-request support
- Presentation Templates for public hearings/school board meetings
- Data tools and resources
- Additional materials designed to synthesize and summarize accountability measures and requirements
the accountabilityconnect2017 service year is May 1, 2017 through April 30, 2018