What is the Social Studies ePLC?
The 8th Grade Social Studies ePLC (online Professional Learning Community) helps teachers build their understanding of big-picture concepts and content nuances through webinars and other resources that address each major topic.
The 2019-20 ePLC:
- Aligns with the streamlined TEKS and trends from STAAR
- Embeds process-based instructional best practices and strategies from the Social Studies Playlist NEW
- Subdivides major topics into units of study to allow more flexibility during PLC meetings NEW
- Addresses the “how” and “when” for intervention NEW
Teachers often struggle to translate the volume of TEKS standards and Social Studies content into manageable chunks of instruction. Front-loading teacher planning time with lead4ward’s ePLC allows them to spend constructive time within their PLC designing engaging experiences and planning targeted lessons that promote content retention, comprehension, and historical thinking skills.
Includes Intervention Strategies
How and when should we intervene to ensure students are successful? And what methods could we use for students at different thresholds? New this year, each topic also includes a webinar that discusses what intervention could look like for students who are struggling to access the stimuli and/or need support with inferential thinking.
NOTE: There is no ePLC for high school US History this year.
8th Grade Webinar Topics
- Exploration and Colonization
- American Revolution
- Early Republic
- Age of Jackson
- Westward Expansion
- Reform and Culture
- Sectionalism and the Civil War