Engagement will be a critical component of your instructional design as we head back to in-person instruction and continue to have some students learning virtually. In this session, teachers will increase both their competence and confidence in delivering engaging, rigorous instruction across learning environments by rehearsing and applying many of the activities from lead4ward’s Instructional Strategies Playlist, Quickchecks, Think It Up resource, and Thinking Stems.
If the emphasis is face-to-face instruction, teachers and leaders will be reminded of effective classroom management techniques that ensure the success of these engaging activities for in-person learners. If the focus is engaging students in a virtual environment, teachers and leaders will be guided in setting up effective virtual classrooms and how to infuse the instructional resources in an on-line setting.
what you will learn:
- how teachers can promote dynamic, effective, engaging instruction by partnering with lead4ward’s four instructional tools:
- instructional strategies playlist
- think it up
- thinking stems
- face-to-face emphasis: how to proactively address in-person classroom management issues in an engaging in-person learning environment
- virtual emphasis: how to set up virtual learning management techniques for both the teacher and the students in an on-line engaging learning environment
- audience: leadership teams (principal and teacher leaders), PLCs (principal and a selected PLC), and teachers
- learning mode: virtual
- date/time: august 12, 2021 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm CDT