What we'll cover
Rockin’ Review: Vol. 2
for Leadership Teams (principals and teacher leaders) of tested grades
Let’s rock review for STAAR! A new twist on a classic, Rockin’ Review: Vol. 2 for Leaders will focus on how to support teachers to motivate students to engage with content that they may have struggled with earlier in the year. We will anchor on the content that is essential for kids to learn and address the highly tested concepts.
Using examples from each content area, we will model NEW strategies, plan with the updated 1-2-3 plan, review the updated quick start guides, and deepen understanding of lead4ward resources that specifically facilitate effective review.
Leaders will learn how to:
- focus review on priority TEKS clusters
- leverage content strategies to engage learners
- explore hands-on/minds-on activities that provide meaningful practice
- activate student voice to create engaging review
- empower students to analyze and take ownership of common errors
- plan your next steps
Let’s rock this!
Audience: Principals and Teacher Leaders of tested grades
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Cost: $185 - lunch included
Location: Harris County Department of Education - 6300 Irvington Blvd, Houston, TX 77022