What we'll cover
Math - Rockin’ Review: Vol. 2
for teachers of tested grades
Let’s rock review for STAAR! A new twist on a classic, Rockin’ Review: Volume 2 for Math will focus on how to motivate your students to engage with content that they may have struggled with earlier in the year. We will anchor on the content that is essential for kids to learn and address the highly tested concepts.
Using Math examples, we will model NEW strategies, plan with the updated 1-2-3 plan, review the updated quick start guides, and deepen understanding of lead4ward resources that specifically facilitate effective review.
Teachers will learn how to:
- focus review on priority TEKS clusters
- leverage content strategies to engage learners
- explore hands-on/minds-on activities that provide meaningful practice
- activate student voice to create engaging review
- empower students to analyze and take ownership of common errors
- plan your next steps
Let’s rock this!
Audience: Math teachers of tested grades
Date: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Cost: $160 - lunch included
Location: Harris County Department of Education - 6300 Irvington Blvd, Houston, TX 77022