What is the Social Studies ePLC?
The Social Studies ePLC (online Professional Learning Community) for U.S. History gives High School U.S. History teachers access to webinars and resources to help them understand big-picture concepts within each major topic of study. Front-loading their planning time with lead4ward’s ePLC allows teachers to spend constructive time within their PLC designing engaging experiences and planning targeted lessons that develop students’ historical-thinking skills.
The Social Studies ePLC includes two webinars for each major topic of study, addressing the content/process TEKS as well as the questions students often miss from the released STAAR tests.
As a bonus, participating teachers receive access to the digital Field Guide for the course of their subscription.
Pre-recorded webinars, available starting in August
Content and Process Webinars
- Content broken down into the small components (subclusters) with a concept map to discuss content connections
- Process-based, engaging instructional ideas for each subcluster, including stimuli and analysis opportunities (from 29B)
"Investigating the Questions" Webinars
- Focus on the interesting items from the released STAAR tests (using lead4ward IQ documents)
- Discussion of stimuli, data distribution, and learning errors and their impact on instruction
U.S. History Webinar Topics
- Gilded Age
- Progressive Era
- Rise of a World Power
- Roaring Twenties
- Great Depression
- World War II
- Early Cold War
- Vietnam and the 1960s
- Civil Rights
- 1970s – End of the Cold War
- 1990s –21st Century
The Social Studies ePLC - U.S. History 2018-19 service year is August 1, 2018 - July 31, 2019.